If not treated properly or immediately water damage can cause some health concerning issues. GUS North Bay can restore your home or business to its previous state.
What to expect from water damage?
Water damage can happen from busted pipe, flash flooding, and roof damage, close by water sources or foundation problems. Water can damage your homes structure, create electrical hazards, ruin furniture and cause dangerous mould growth if not taken care of immediately. It is likely that damage will occur cleaning up the flooding as soon as possible to minimize the amount of damage. Don’t try to clean up the mess yourself get a professional like GUS North Bay to remove it safely.
GUS North Bay offers many services to help return your home or business to the state it was in before disaster struck.
- Computerized cost estimates
- Help with insurance claims
- Water damage assessment
- Water removal
- Dehumidification by desiccation
- Temperature control (heating, air conditioning and temporary ventilation)
- Mould prevention
- Air quality testing and purification
- Locating and repairing the source of water
- Repairs to home damages
Clean water and grey water*
*Grey water means non-potable water. Wastewater from the shower is grey water.
- Stay clear of any danger from electricity.
- If possible, turn off the water at the source of the spill or shut off the main water supply to the house to prevent any other water leak.
- Try to limit damage to contents as much as possible near the flood.
- Protect the structure and your property from any further damage.
- Remove as much water as possible using a wet vac or absorbent rags.
- Call GUS. We’ll put you in touch with your insurance agent or broker. We have agreements with all major insurers and we adhere to their standards and policies. Please be ready to disclose any important details about the emergency as well as your insurance policy number.
- Try to dry the area out yourself. There is a risk of mould if it isn’t done properly.
- Turn off the fans set up by the post-disaster cleaning company.
- Move the fans.
- Shut off the dehumidifiers.
Sewer backups – Black water*
*Wastewater from toilets is black water and must undergo an intense treatment process before it can be reused.
- Avoid coming into contact with the water because it is most likely contaminated.
- Turn off all heating and ventilation systems.
- Contact your insurer. You will be asked to describe the circumstances of the disaster to determine if your contract covers the damage in question. Have your insurance policy on hand.
- Touch the water.
- Turn on the ventilation system or set up fans. That would spread the contamination to the rest of the residence.
- Try to salvage contents.